Monday, April 11, 2016

"New" Fantasy Mini's

I took these photos ~9 months ago, and me just now getting around to posting them.  Anyway.....
Fantasy mini's that I'll use if I ever get the chance to game in person again (as opposed to over Skype or whatever).



A large-ish eagle mini.  Not sure where I got it, but all i did was clear coat it.

It's got pretty good detail for being plastic and probably at least 15 years old.

Apparently all the other photos of this didn't' turn out.  It's some kind of older metal mini.  I went with a Swamp Thing feel to it.  Painted it by giving it a white prime, then painting it a kind of mint green, followed by a very dark (forest green like) drybrushed on, followed by a "inking" with a thined out dark brown.  I think it came out pretty well considering the low amount of time it took for me to do.

I inked the chain armor on this figure.  The mini came out well, most photos of it did not.

A wizard figure and a small dragon.

I lost the original gem that the wizard was holding (super annoying).  I used a neon-orange paint pen to trace the runes on his robes.  I think they look pretty cool.

It's hard to see, but the dragon has little plastic gems for eyes and it's crystal ball.  I coated the eyes and crystal ball with Tacky Glue to mask them for spray painting.  Other than slopping glue over the area I needed to paint, and therefore having to go back and paint a bit around the eyes, it worked pretty well.

Some kind of viking warrior woman-esque mini.

I got the mini with a bunch of other stuff and decided to paint her because the blond hair felt like a challenge.  I think it came out ok(the photos are another story).

No comments:

Post a Comment